|I am pleased to introduce you to The Criminal Defense
Investigation Training Council. The Council has been formed to meet the
unique needs of the criminal defense investigation professional. The
Council is not an association designed to address legislative issues,
business concerns, or the training needs of all investigative
professionals. The Council is dedicated solely to the highly specialized
discipline of criminal defense investigation. Our goal is to create a
distinct identity for the criminal defense investigator. The philosophy
of our members is based upon the understanding that the criminal defense
investigator is a specialist. A specialist with a distinct philosophy
and methodology grounded in accepted criminal investigation guidelines
and procedures. Such a standard can only elevate a profession already
enjoying a high degree of intellectual acuity.
Director Brandon A. Perron
lectures to public defender and private investigators at
University in Boston, MA.
The Council has adapted the Component Method of investigation
as the basic philosophy and methodology for the training and education
of criminal defense investigators. We believe that by establishing a
standard we are able to promote a sense of unification. A distinct and
separate identity from that of the law enforcement criminal
investigator. An identity with its own standards, training guidelines,
certification, and accreditation criteria.
I welcome and encourage all those professionals engaged in this
highly selective and specialized discipline to join The Criminal Defense
Investigation Training Council. The time has come to collectively
establish our position as professional criminal defense investigators
and advocates of the truth.
Brandon A. Perron, CCDI is an award winning nationally recognized private investigator. He is a Board Certified Criminal Defense Investigator and has been qualified as an "Expert in criminal investigation" by the courts. Mr. Perron has over 25 years of investigative experience as a former U.S. Air Force Criminal Investigator, State of Florida Public Defender Investigator, government appointed civil & human rights investigator, and Florida licensed private investigator. He is recognized as one of the nation's foremost private investigators, trainers, and speakers in the area of criminal defense investigation. Mr. Perron authored the industry acclaimed book Uncovering Reasonable Doubt: The Component Method as well as the novel The Quest For Truth.
AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS:
- 1986 The United States Air Force "Exceptionally Well Qualified Quality Control Rating" as an Investigator.
- 1988 The United States Air Force Certificate of Recognition "for Outstanding Performance".
- 1989 The United States Air Force Commendation Medal for "crime solving ability".
- 1995 St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office Distinguished Service Award "for an outstanding act, achievement or exceptional services related to the ideals of law enforcement."
- 1998 named one of the "Top 10 Private Investigators in the United States" by PI Magazine.
- 1999 presented with the "Most Dynamic Speaker Award" by The National Association of Investigative Specialists (NAIS).
- 2002 Public Advocate Award presented by the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy for "work in brining the highest standard of professionalism and excellence to DPA investigators".
- 2003 and 2004 National Association of Investigative Specialists (NAIS) "Investigator of the Year" .
- 2005 he received the John M. Russi Award of Excellence from the Florida Board of Certified Investigators for "raising the standard of Private Sector Investigations".
Mr. Perron earned an A.S. and B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice Administration and has graduated from numerous military and civilian advanced investigative training schools and programs. Mr. Perron is also the Strategic Operations Director for Case In Point Services in the Boston area and maintains Investigative Consulting and Director positions with the Office of the Public Defender, 19th Judicial Circuit, State of Florida and the Office of Criminal Conflict & Civil Regional Counsel, Fourth District, State of Florida.